No plugin-directory for firefox in CentOS 5.2
On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 10:43 AM, Bernhard Gschaider <email@example.com> wrote:
>>>>> On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 15:03:26 +0100
>>>>> "KS" == Karanbir Singh <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
* *KS> Bernhard Gschaider wrote:
* *>> I noticed, that the directory /usr/lib/firefox-3.0b5/plugins/
* *>> is NOT created on CentOS 5.2. Therefor for instance the
* *>> flash-plugin is not installed for the new firefox (After
* *>> manually creating the directory and setting the right symlink
* *>> it works all right)
* *KS> installing as a user, should the flash-plugin not go into your
* *KS> ~/.mozilla dir ?
I was going for a system-wide install
* *KS> Also, sitewide plugins are better in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/
* *KS> which comes from the xulrunner rpm.
You're right. I wasn't aware of this directory. The funny thing
is: the flash-plugin did a symbolic link to the .so there, but firefox
doesn't recognize it (It also doesn't find the java-plugin that is
* *KS> Atleast, thats the way I look at things, what am I missing
* *KS> here ?
In the .mozilla/plugin it works, but that'S not what I want.
For the time being I will put a symlink to the
/usr/lib/mozilla-direcotry into the firefox-3-directory (now all ther
plugins are recognized)
After I did "yum upgrade" yesterday, it looks like my Plug Ins for Firefox are all there. Edit > Preferences > Main > Add Ons > Plug Ins
Shockwave Flash and other plug ins are shown there, in Firefox 3.
CentOS mailing list