Old 06-25-2008, 01:57 PM
Bernhard Gschaider

Default No plugin-directory for firefox in CentOS 5.2

I noticed, that the directory
/usr/lib/firefox-3.0b5/plugins/
is NOT created on CentOS 5.2. Therefor for instance the flash-plugin
is not installed for the new firefox
(After manually creating the directory and setting the right symlink
it works all right)

Old 06-25-2008, 02:03 PM
Karanbir Singh

Bernhard Gschaider wrote:

I noticed, that the directory
/usr/lib/firefox-3.0b5/plugins/
is NOT created on CentOS 5.2. Therefor for instance the flash-plugin
is not installed for the new firefox
(After manually creating the directory and setting the right symlink
it works all right)

installing as a user, should the flash-plugin not go into your
~/.mozilla dir ?

Also, sitewide plugins are better in
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/ which comes from the xulrunner rpm.

Atleast, thats the way I look at things, what am I missing here ?

- KB