Old 06-24-2008, 07:25 PM
Johnny Hughes

Default Problem with evolution while upgrading to CentOS 5.2

Bernhard Gschaider wrote:

Hi!

When trying to prepare a workstation with (so that the real "yum
upgrade" doesn't have to download the packages)

yum upgrade --upgradeonly

it fails with these messages:

Error: Missing Dependency: libegroupwise-1.2.so.12 is needed by package evolution
Error: Missing Dependency: libgtkhtml-3.8.so.15 is needed by package evolution
Error: Missing Dependency: libexchange-storage-1.2.so.2 is needed by package evolution
Error: Missing Dependency: libexchange-storage-1.2.so.2()(64bit) is needed by package evolution
Error: Missing Dependency: libegroupwise-1.2.so.12()(64bit) is needed by package evolution

On the test-machine I solved this by deinstalling evolution (I don't
use it anyway), but this is not an option for the other
machines

Could anyone give me a hint what is wrong?

evolution should be upgraded as part of the upgrade ... but your seems
to want to keep the old version of evolution while trying to upgrade the
other packages that are listed.

This must be caused by something in your configuration that is removing
evolution from the update set.

This something can either be an exclude=evolution in your
CentOS-Base.repo file or some kind of misconfiguration of the priorities
or protectbase plugins.

Old 06-24-2008, 08:07 PM
Bernhard Gschaider

JH> Bernhard Gschaider wrote:
>> Hi! When trying to prepare a workstation with (so that the
>> real "yum upgrade" doesn't have to download the packages) yum
>> upgrade --upgradeonly it fails with these messages: Error:
>> Missing Dependency: libegroupwise-1.2.so.12 is needed by
>> package evolution Error: Missing Dependency:
>> libgtkhtml-3.8.so.15 is needed by package evolution Error:
>> Missing Dependency: libexchange-storage-1.2.so.2 is needed by
>> package evolution Error: Missing Dependency:
>> libexchange-storage-1.2.so.2()(64bit) is needed by package
>> evolution Error: Missing Dependency:
>> libegroupwise-1.2.so.12()(64bit) is needed by package evolution
>> On the test-machine I solved this by deinstalling evolution (I
>> don't use it anyway), but this is not an option for the other
>> machines Could anyone give me a hint what is wrong?

JH> evolution should be upgraded as part of the upgrade ...

Thought so, too

JH> but your seems to want to keep the old version of evolution
JH> while trying to upgrade the other packages that are listed.

JH> This must be caused by something in your configuration that is
JH> removing evolution from the update set.

JH> This something can either be an exclude=evolution in your
JH> CentOS-Base.repo file or some kind of misconfiguration of the
JH> priorities or protectbase plugins.

Didn't figure out what the problem seems to be, but a rigorous
yum upgrade -y --disablerepo="*" --enablerepo="base" --enablerepo="update" --downloadonly
seems to do the trick.

Thanks for the hint

Old 06-24-2008, 11:18 PM
"Lanny Marcus"

On 6/24/08, Bernhard Gschaider <bgschaid_lists@ice-sf.at> wrote:
> When trying to prepare a workstation with (so that the real "yum
> upgrade" doesn't have to download the packages)
> yum upgrade --upgradeonly
> it fails with these messages:
>

> Error: Missing Dependency: libegroupwise-1.2.so.12 is needed by package
> evolution
> Error: Missing Dependency: libgtkhtml-3.8.so.15 is needed by package
> evolution
> Error: Missing Dependency: libexchange-storage-1.2.so.2 is needed by package
> evolution
> Error: Missing Dependency: libexchange-storage-1.2.so.2()(64bit) is needed
> by package evolution
> Error: Missing Dependency: libegroupwise-1.2.so.12()(64bit) is needed by
> package evolution
>
> On the test-machine I solved this by deinstalling evolution (I don't
> use it anyway), but this is not an option for the other
> machines

Bernhard: I always use Evolution for email. When I did "yum update"
this afternoon, there was no problem with Evolution. After the Reboot,
I got my IMAP mail from gmail, without any problem. Lanny