Old 06-24-2008, 06:50 PM
"fabian dacunha"

Default -- Thanks a million -- DNS query

> fabian dacunha wrote:
>
>> really wd apprecite your help and ideas with examples
>
> add this to your bind options section
>
> forwarders { 172.31.1.240; };
>
> and restart named, your named will now forward all requests that
> it's not authoritative for to the above system.
>
> nate

Dear Nate

Thnks a million really apprecite for ur immediate reply
actually i was little confused

i had used the forwarder statment but it was at the start of the
named.conf section and the when i reloaded named it was giving me error
saying the statemnt not valid so then i created a zone
and included the the forwader statement in the zone i created but was not
workin
and also i had created a slave zone for 172.1.1.240 but also it didnt work
but moment i added forwarder statement in bind options section it worked
beautifullly

i jus didnt try putting the forwarders in the right place

thnks a million

regards

fabian

> believed to be clean.