-   -   PHP 5.2 for CentOS 5.x (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/112641-php-5-2-centos-5-x.html)

Gerald Balzer 06-24-2008 01:52 PM

PHP 5.2 for CentOS 5.x

Hi,

has the CentOS version of php 5.2.x also been released yet? I couldn't find it.

Thanks

Gerald

--
Gerald Balzer, Senior Partner

T: +41 44 440 55 13
E: g.balzer@unicum-consulting.ch
E: gerald@crbm.ch

Johnny Hughes 06-24-2008 02:01 PM

PHP 5.2 for CentOS 5.x

Gerald Balzer wrote:

Hi,

has the CentOS version of php 5.2.x also been released yet? I couldn't
find it.

The version of php for centos is 5.1.6-20 ...

Karanbir Singh 06-24-2008 02:04 PM

PHP 5.2 for CentOS 5.x

Gerald Balzer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> has the CentOS version of php 5.2.x also been released yet? I couldn't
> find it.

its in the testing repo, it never made it to release because clearly no
one really uses it. They all just got together made a lot of noise about
it just to be heard, and then when we had a package, they all decided
they were fine with the included 5.1.6 anyway.

:D

Karanbir Singh 06-24-2008 02:10 PM

PHP 5.2 for CentOS 5.x

Karanbir Singh wrote:

Gerald Balzer wrote:

Hi,

has the CentOS version of php 5.2.x also been released yet? I couldn't
find it.

its in the testing repo, it never made it to release because clearly no
one really uses it. They all just got together made a lot of noise about
it just to be heard, and then when we had a package, they all decided
they were fine with the included 5.1.6 anyway.

:D

Should point out that I did remove the packages after they were there
for a few weeks since we got absolutely zero feedback.

Regards,

- KB

Gerald Balzer 06-24-2008 02:17 PM

PHP 5.2 for CentOS 5.x

Right, but according to Karanbir Singh you were working on a "official" 5.2.x version for CentOS 5.
This version was to be released on the centoplus repos some time ago. Therefore I asked.

Gerald

Gerald Balzer 06-24-2008 02:23 PM

PHP 5.2 for CentOS 5.x

Sad, I needed it, since some apps that we are hosting require 5.2.4+ . I'm currently running the
version 5.2.5 from the yjl.repo. But I'd appreciate to have a more official one, of course.

Gerald

Karanbir Singh 06-24-2008 02:28 PM

PHP 5.2 for CentOS 5.x

Gerald Balzer wrote:

Sad, I needed it, since some apps that we are hosting require 5.2.4+ .
I'm currently running the version 5.2.5 from the yjl.repo. But I'd
appreciate to have a more official one, of course.

If you want to organise a testing group of people, maybe 5 or so, who
would be happy to trial and test this in typical use environments, I'd
be happy to update those packages and republish those.

- KB

"Bleier Thomas" 06-24-2008 02:34 PM

PHP 5.2 for CentOS 5.x

Hi everybody,

depends on what you expect, but I'm willing to help in testing that -
seems that I will need PHP 5.2 in the near future, and I'd be happy if
it would be available for CentOS 5.

cu,
__
/homas

--
Thomas Bleier, DI
Information Management

Mobile: +43 (664) 8251279
E-Mail: thomas.bleier@arcs.ac.at

Gerald Balzer 06-24-2008 02:37 PM

PHP 5.2 for CentOS 5.x

Thanks for your kind offer, but since I'm the only one in my group using centos 5 (rest is on
fedora) I think I'll switch to the remi repo and wait for the next major release.

Of course if someone on this list wants to join, we can start.

Thanks again

Gerald

Karanbir Singh 06-24-2008 02:43 PM

PHP 5.2 for CentOS 5.x

Bleier Thomas wrote:

Hi everybody,

depends on what you expect, but I'm willing to help in testing that -
seems that I will need PHP 5.2 in the near future, and I'd be happy if
it would be available for CentOS 5.

Sounds good, over the next few days lets try and get something started.
Are you on the centos-devel list ? thats where we'll handle this till
its released.

- KB