-   -   Upgrading my local repo to 5.2 (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/112634-upgrading-my-local-repo-5-2-a.html)

Johnny Hughes 06-24-2008 01:45 PM

Upgrading my local repo to 5.2

Robert Moskowitz wrote:
This will be the first version change with my local repo so I want to
check the steps out.

I have a /Centos/5.1 directory with all the contents of the ISO CDs.
I have a /Centos/5 directory with a symbolic link to the 5.1 directory.

I ASSUME that I will create a /Centos/5.2 directory and drop the
contents of the ISO images there.

Then change the symbolic link to the 5.2 directory.
After I test out both installs and upgrades from this new directory I
can trash the old 5.1 directory.

Do I have it right?

That is what we will do, yes. (except instead of trash, we will move
5.1 to vault.centos.org)