Old 06-24-2008, 09:14 AM
Tom Brown

Default Bonding question - active-backup

Hi

I have bonding working and i can failover between active (eth0) and
backup (eth1) without issue, however is there a way to automatically
fail back to eth0 when this link once again becomes available?

I understand this may be undesirable due to flapping etc but i just
wonder if its possible.

thanks

Old 06-24-2008, 10:08 AM
James Pearson

Tom Brown wrote:

Hi

I have bonding working and i can failover between active (eth0) and
backup (eth1) without issue, however is there a way to automatically
fail back to eth0 when this link once again becomes available?

I understand this may be undesirable due to flapping etc but i just
wonder if its possible.

I believe you can do this with the 'primary' option to the bonding
module - in your case 'primary=eth0'

James Pearson

Old 06-24-2008, 10:26 AM
Tom Brown

I believe you can do this with the 'primary' option to the bonding
module - in your case 'primary=eth0'

yes - that does it thanks