Old 06-23-2008, 05:25 PM
"Joseph L. Casale"

Default Awk help

I have csvde dump from active directory I process on my postfix mta.
It takes output like this:

"CN=Curtis xxx,OU=Domain Users,OU=xxx xxx,DC=xxx-xxx,DC=local",X400:c=US;a= ;p=xxx xxx xxx;o=Exchange;s=xxx;g=xxx;;SMTP:Cxxx@xxx-xxx.com

and should return a relay_recipient map in the form of:
Cxxx@xxx-xxx.com OK

The command I am using is:
cat $1 | tr -d " | tr ,
| tr ;
| awk -F: '/(SMTP|smtp):/ {printf("%s OK
",$2)}'

Everything up to the awk is working, it drops the smtp: but its putting OK's all over the darn place.
Anyone familiar enough with awk and printf that can suggest why this happens?

Thanks!
jlc