Old 06-23-2008, 03:09 PM
Rudi Ahlers

Default /usr/bin/wc: cannot execute binary file

Hi all

I've just installed CentOS 5.1 X64 as a VM in a CentOS 5.1 XEN server,
and when I try todo something, I get this error

/usr/bin/wc: cannot execute binary file

Has anyone seen this before? Google hasn't....

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Web: http://www.SoftDux.com
Forum: http://Forum.SoftDux.com

Join SA WebHostingTalk today, on http://www.WebHostingTalk.co.za

Old 06-23-2008, 04:03 PM
"Stephen John Smoogen"

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 9:09 AM, Rudi Ahlers <Rudi@softdux.com> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I've just installed CentOS 5.1 X64 as a VM in a CentOS 5.1 XEN server, and
> when I try todo something, I get this error
>
> /usr/bin/wc: cannot execute binary file
>
> Has anyone seen this before? Google hasn't....

Where are you getting the error?
Inside of the Xen Guest (running CentOS 5.1 X64)
Inside of the Xen Dom0 (running CentOS 5.1 ?)

does ls work for the system? what does ls -l /usr/bin/wc say

--
Stephen J Smoogen. -- BSD/GNU/Linux

Old 06-23-2008, 05:17 PM
Rudi Ahlers

Stephen John Smoogen wrote:

I've just installed CentOS 5.1 X64 as a VM in a CentOS 5.1 XEN server, and
when I try todo something, I get this error

/usr/bin/wc: cannot execute binary file

Has anyone seen this before? Google hasn't....

Where are you getting the error?
Inside of the Xen Guest (running CentOS 5.1 X64)
Inside of the Xen Dom0 (running CentOS 5.1 ?)

does ls work for the system? what does ls -l /usr/bin/wc say

I got it in the domU only, but soon noticed a lot of scripts acting
weird, so I just reinstalled the whole domU, and now it's fine

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Web: http://www.SoftDux.com