Old 06-23-2008, 10:50 AM
Tru Huynh

Default is it possible to login to a switch via RS232 / serial port from the shell? - SOLVED

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 12:26:22PM +0200, Rudi Ahlers wrote:
> Hi Tru

Hi Rudi,

> Sorry for the inconvenience, since this is a CentOS list, I didn't think
> it's necessary to say I'm using CentOS.
We have 4 version of CentOS at the moment and a few arches for each.
It's the minimum requirement to state the version and architecture.

I am running CentOS too, which information does that provide?
If I say I am running CentOS-3.9 on i386/x86_64 that reduce the search scope
for everyone reading your help request. :P

> And to be honest with you, I didn't think there's a problem on the server,
> but more that I didn't know how to use minicom - which was the case.
I don't imply it has to be a problem on your server, but the more
details you provide, the better.

..
> Anyway, it's working now. I had to change the Xen config in
> /boot/grub/menu and tell Xen not to use ttyS0 as a serial console for
> itself.
> http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/InstallationNotes#head-b915c65538e3d0cb29da04e05cb278e44624a522

Great

Tru