Old 06-23-2008, 08:26 AM
Tru Huynh

Default is it possible to login to a switch via RS232 / serial port from the shell?

Hi Rudi,

1) please TRIM the replies.
2) don't let people try to guess your setup
- your initial email does not event state your CentOS version/arch
- your should have told that you were using xen at the very beginning
- post the relevant lines of /var/log/messages and/or the config files
of the program(s) you are using: it will avoid typos such as tty0/ttyS0

just like you did with:

> [root@venus /]# grep tty /var/log/dmesg
> Xen virtual console successfully installed as ttyS0
> [root@venus /]# setserial /dev/ttyS0
> Cannot get serial info: Invalid argument
> [root@venus /]#
>
> It may seem that Xen uses ttyS0 for itself, but how do I get around it?

show the grub.conf entry of your kernels (dom0/domU)
and/or /proc/cmdline content.

Tru