Old 06-22-2008, 08:42 AM
Anne Wilson

Default OT: Making BT/Yahoo account accessible to plain router

My daughter has a BT account, with a BT supplied single-port router. I'd like
to replace it with a standard router, but the settings appear to be totally
hidden. If anyone reading uses BT, could you please tell me where to find
the info? Maybe off-list, to save bandwidth for others/ Thanks

Anne

Old 06-22-2008, 08:19 PM
Mark Weaver

Anne Wilson wrote:
My daughter has a BT account, with a BT supplied single-port router. I'd like
to replace it with a standard router, but the settings appear to be totally
hidden. If anyone reading uses BT, could you please tell me where to find
the info? Maybe off-list, to save bandwidth for others/ Thanks

Anne

this might help.

http://corz.org/comms/hardware/router/other.bt.voyager.routers.php

--
Mark

Ignorance, like Reality, is a matter of perspective.

Old 06-23-2008, 08:58 AM
Anne Wilson

On Sunday 22 June 2008 21:19:32 Mark Weaver wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
> > My daughter has a BT account, with a BT supplied single-port router. I'd
> > like to replace it with a standard router, but the settings appear to be
> > totally hidden. If anyone reading uses BT, could you please tell me
> > where to find the info? Maybe off-list, to save bandwidth for others/
> > Thanks
> >
> > Anne
>
> this might help.
>
> http://corz.org/comms/hardware/router/other.bt.voyager.routers.php

Maybe, but I'm not sure about that. It seems to be addressing a different
need. Thanks for the link, though. I'll print it out and study it.

Anne

Old 07-23-2008, 09:43 AM
John Bowden

On Sunday 22 June 2008 09:42:31 Anne Wilson wrote:
> My daughter has a BT account, with a BT supplied single-port router. I'd
> like to replace it with a standard router, but the settings appear to be
> totally hidden. If anyone reading uses BT, could you please tell me where
> to find the info? Maybe off-list, to save bandwidth for others/ Thanks
>
> Anne

Hi Anne.
Is it a "2wire" wireless router? If so try
http://gateway.2wire.net/xslt?PAGE=A01&THISPAGE=E01&NEXTPAGE=A01
Thats the system summery page.
If not try 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.0 or 192.168.1.254
If none of those find it let us know what model / make it is and I will find
and down load the user manual for it.
John

--
Guy Fawkes, the only man to enter the houses of Parliament
with honest intentions, (he was going to blow them up!)

Old 07-23-2008, 11:35 AM
Anne Wilson

On Wednesday 23 July 2008 10:43:51 John Bowden wrote:
> On Sunday 22 June 2008 09:42:31 Anne Wilson wrote:
> > My daughter has a BT account, with a BT supplied single-port router. I'd
> > like to replace it with a standard router, but the settings appear to be
> > totally hidden. If anyone reading uses BT, could you please tell me
> > where to find the info? Maybe off-list, to save bandwidth for others/
> > Thanks
> >
> > Anne
>
> Hi Anne.
> Is it a "2wire" wireless router? If so try
> http://gateway.2wire.net/xslt?PAGE=A01&THISPAGE=E01&NEXTPAGE=A01
> Thats the system summery page.
> If not try 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.0 or 192.168.1.254
> If none of those find it let us know what model / make it is and I will
> find and down load the user manual for it.
> John

Hi, John. Thanks for the offer. This is on the back burner for now, as I only
get up to see her two or three times a year. What I've done, for the
present, is put my spare router wired as a switch, so as long as she is on
line I, or her friend, can work too. It's not an ideal solution, but it
works for now. Next time I'm up there for any significant length of time
I'll have another go at sorting this.

Anne