Old 06-22-2008, 06:57 AM
"Rajeev R. Veedu"

Default problems installing samba

Dear all,

*

I am trying to install Samba 3.0.30 *on a new Centos 5
machine and I am getting following error. Samba has been downloaded form setnet.
Could some please let me know how to fix this?

*

rpmdb: Program version 4.3 doesn't match environment version

error: db4 error(-30974) from dbenv->open:
DB_VERSION_MISMATCH: Database environment version mismatch

warning: cannot open Solve database in
/usr/lib/rpmdb/x86_64-redhat-linux/CentO

Old 06-22-2008, 01:17 PM
"Lanny Marcus"

On 6/22/08, Rajeev R. Veedu <rajeev@cracknell.com> wrote:
> I am trying to install Samba 3.0.30 on a new Centos 5 machine and I am
> getting following error. Samba has been downloaded form setnet. Could some
> please let me know how to fix this?
> rpmdb: Program version 4.3 doesn't match environment version
>
> error: db4 error(-30974) from dbenv->open: DB_VERSION_MISMATCH: Database
> environment version mismatch
>
> warning: cannot open Solve database in
> /usr/lib/rpmdb/x86_64-redhat-linux/CentO
>
> rpmdb: Program version 4.3 doesn't match environment version

yum install samba ? Maybe there are issues with the Samba
version you got from setnet ? Generally, with an RPM based
distribution like CentOS, it is better to stay with packages that work
with the OS, as it comes from Upstream, and that are known to work and
are supported by the developers.