Old 06-22-2008, 06:22 AM
Rudi Ahlers

Default is it possible to login to a switch via RS232 / serial port from the shell?

Hi all

I have a problem switch in our data centre, which is connected to a
linux server via a serial cable. I know I can / could access the switch
from my Windows PC back at the office, using hyperterm, but trying to
access it using minicom just doesn't seem to work.

I have changed the comms in minincom to use /dev/tty0 & the baud rate to
9600, yet I can't seem to connect with minicom. Does anyone know how to
connect to a serial device from the console?

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Web: http://www.SoftDux.com