Old 06-21-2008, 01:55 AM
Jerry Geis

Default centos 4.6 - 586 install - how to get that to a 486 level if possible

Is there a method to get a 586 (i586 text) install to a 486 level?
I am looking for information guidance on this.
I have looked into using debian/386 which stinks in my opinion,
slackware doesnt quite have it either.

So I am wishing/hoping there is a NOT TO painful way to get a 586 install
to run on a 486 chip.

I have been searching but havent found anything useful. If anyone knows
what might need

to be done I would appreciate it.

Jerry