-   -   centos 4.6 - 586 install - how to get that to a 486 level if possible (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/110728-centos-4-6-586-install-how-get-486-level-if-possible.html)

Jerry Geis 06-21-2008 01:55 AM

centos 4.6 - 586 install - how to get that to a 486 level if possible

Is there a method to get a 586 (i586 text) install to a 486 level?
I am looking for information guidance on this.
I have looked into using debian/386 which stinks in my opinion,
slackware doesnt quite have it either.

So I am wishing/hoping there is a NOT TO painful way to get a 586 install
to run on a 486 chip.

I have been searching but havent found anything useful. If anyone knows
what might need

to be done I would appreciate it.

Jerry