Old 12-03-2007, 09:09 AM
"Ulrik S. Kofod"

Default how to get the source for installed RPM (CUPS)

I would like to change a few things in CUPS, but I would prefer to use the source
for the version of CUPS that I already have installed using yum. Mostly because I'm
quite happy with the way it works except a few details.

Is there a way to get the source using yum or should I go to
http://www.cups.org/software.php and get it from there ?

The version I installed with yum is 1.1.22 and on http://www.cups.org/software.php
the best match is 1.1.23.

Or would you suggest I go with the latest version released on
http://www.cups.org/software.php ?

This is the first time I feel the need to change something so I'm not quite sure how
to start out on this and I don't want to spend a lot of time on the wrong source
code.

best regards
Ulrik

Old 12-03-2007, 10:34 AM
Tomasz 'Zen' Napierala

Monday 03 December 2007 11:09:02 Ulrik S. Kofod napisaƂ(a):
> I would like to change a few things in CUPS, but I would prefer to use the
> source for the version of CUPS that I already have installed using yum.
> Mostly because I'm quite happy with the way it works except a few details.
>
> Is there a way to get the source using yum or should I go to
> http://www.cups.org/software.php and get it from there ?
>
> The version I installed with yum is 1.1.22 and on
> http://www.cups.org/software.php the best match is 1.1.23.
>
> Or would you suggest I go with the latest version released on
> http://www.cups.org/software.php ?
>
> This is the first time I feel the need to change something so I'm not quite
> sure how to start out on this and I don't want to spend a lot of time on
> the wrong source code.

Just get the srpm package from the mirror.

Re,
--
Tomasz Napierala
System Administrator