Old 12-03-2007, 08:14 AM
"Bart Schaefer"

Default Difficulty with 5.0 - 5.1 upgrade: sysreport vs. sos

I got file conflicts between the sysreport and sos packages on the
file /usr/sbin/sysreport. I unchecked sysreport in the package
updater UI and the rest of the update is proceedng.

Old 12-03-2007, 08:52 AM
"Manish Kathuria"

On 12/3/07, Bart Schaefer <barton.schaefer@gmail.com> wrote:
> I got file conflicts between the sysreport and sos packages on the
> file /usr/sbin/sysreport. I unchecked sysreport in the package
> updater UI and the rest of the update is proceedng.

Sosreport is the package replacing sysreport. You can manually remove
sysreport using rpm -e and then install sos report using yum.

--
Manish Kathuria
Tux Technologies

Old 12-03-2007, 09:12 AM
"jancio_wodnik@wp.pl"

Bart Schaefer pisze:

I got file conflicts between the sysreport and sos packages on the
file /usr/sbin/sysreport. I unchecked sysreport in the package
updater UI and the rest of the update is proceedng.

Strange. I ran yum update -y from shell and this is resolved correctly
by yum itslef. sos replaced sysreport. So differences in working beetwen
yum from shell and pup ??

Irens

Old 12-03-2007, 10:01 AM
"Bart Schaefer"

On Dec 3, 2007 2:12 AM, jancio_wodnik@wp.pl <jancio_wodnik@wp.pl> wrote:
> Bart Schaefer pisze:
> > I got file conflicts between the sysreport and sos packages on the
> > file /usr/sbin/sysreport. I unchecked sysreport in the package
> > updater UI and the rest of the update is proceedng.
> >
> Strange. I ran yum update -y from shell and this is resolved correctly
> by yum itslef. sos replaced sysreport. So differences in working beetwen
> yum from shell and pup ??

I don't know, but following the update sysreport is no longer
installed, so apparently unchecking it was the right thing to do.

Old 12-03-2007, 04:24 PM
Bob Taylor

On Mon, 2007-12-03 at 01:14 -0800, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> I got file conflicts between the sysreport and sos packages on the
> file /usr/sbin/sysreport. I unchecked sysreport in the package
> updater UI and the rest of the update is proceedng.

I also received the same error. Bug in pup? Shouldn't sysreport be
removed first then sos installed? Will try command line yum update -y.

Bob
--
Bob Taylor <bob8221@gmail.com>

Old 12-03-2007, 04:35 PM
"Bart Schaefer"

On Dec 3, 2007 9:24 AM, Bob Taylor <bob8221@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2007-12-03 at 01:14 -0800, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> > I got file conflicts between the sysreport and sos packages on the
> > file /usr/sbin/sysreport. I unchecked sysreport in the package
> > updater UI and the rest of the update is proceedng.
>
> I also received the same error. Bug in pup? Shouldn't sysreport be
> removed first then sos installed?

I seem to have had an earlier version of sos installed already, so it
was an update of sos rather than an original install. Sorry, but I
didn't make a note of where the previous sos came from (other than to
check that it appeared to be an official package and not e.g. from
rpmforge).