Old 06-20-2008, 01:59 PM
"Nigel Kendrick"

Default mdbtools on CentOS: FIXED

*>*From:
centos-bounces@centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces@centos.org] On Behalf Of
Nigel Kendrick
*>*Sent: Friday, June
20, 2008 9:25 AM
*>*To: 'CentOS
mailing list'
*>*Subject: [CentOS]
mdbtools on CentOS
*>*

*>*Morning
everyone,

> I was hoping to
use mdbtools to extract data from some Access databases overnight. I have yum
installed the*tools from Dag and also downloaded and (eventually!) compiled
the latest*
> release from the
mdbtools web site, but I either get 'buffer overflow' errors or no output from
most of the tools. I have been trying to cvs checkout the latest development
version but**
> sourceforge's
cvs*login keeps timing out.

[Snip]
*
OK - managed to login to CVS at last and
download the latest development version.
*
A straight configure/make created tools
that ran, but generated no output. I re-did the configure with some suggested
options (below) and it works!!!
*
./configure --enable-sql
--with-unixodbc=/usr/local
*
It seems these options are needed even
though I am accessing the mdb file directly off disk and not via odbc or
SQL
*
Thanks to all who were just about to chip
in with suggestions ;-)
*
*
*