-   -   Logitech cordless desktop ex 90 (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/110280-logitech-cordless-desktop-ex-90-a.html)

jarmo 06-20-2008 11:53 AM

Logitech cordless desktop ex 90

Anyone using ex 90?
I have it running, no problem. Only mouse was little tricky, namely in X.
But jut a little change in xorg.conf and everything works fine (CO 5.1 desktop
install with vanilla kernel).
Now would like to get keyboards extra buttons in use. Question is, anyone
configured it allready, or do I have to invent wheel? again :D

Jarmo

MHR 06-20-2008 06:40 PM

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 4:53 AM, jarmo <oh1mrr@nic.fi> wrote:
> Anyone using ex 90?
> I have it running, no problem. Only mouse was little tricky, namely in X.
> But jut a little change in xorg.conf and everything works fine (CO 5.1 desktop
> install with vanilla kernel).
> Now would like to get keyboards extra buttons in use. Question is, anyone
> configured it allready, or do I have to invent wheel? again :D

I'm not familiar with the ex 90 - I use the ex 110 myself.

To configure some of the keys, I just went into the
System->Preferences->Keyboard Shortcuts and used as many of them as
would fit. The rest (like web browser and email) I configured for
other key combinations I like better, and things like "Back" (i.e.,
the browser "back" button) and others didn't map into the GDM
shortcuts, so I don't use them at all. There probably is a way to get
them into play, but I haven't looked into it (TBPH, DKDC).

HTH.

mhr
Mr. TLA/FLA today