Old 06-20-2008, 08:25 AM
"Nigel Kendrick"

Default mdbtools on CentOS

Morning
everyone,
*
I was hoping to use
mdbtools to extract data from some Access databases overnight. I have yum
installed the*tools from Dag and also downloaded and (eventually!) compiled
the latest release from the mdbtools web site, but I either get 'buffer
overflow' errors or no output from most of the tools. I have been trying to cvs
checkout the latest development version but sourceforge's cvs*login keeps
timing out.
*
Is anyone hereabouts
using mdbtools successfully,*or can anyone suggest any other tools that
will dump access databases on a scheduled basis? I have done test migrations
using the MySQL gui tools and that works fine, but I don't think the operation
can be scripted.
*
On a side note, I
also need to do the same for MS-SQL data - does anyone have any favourite tools
for automating data extraction? Everything ultimately needs to end up in a MySQL
database
*
Any advice
appreciated.