Old 06-19-2008, 04:52 PM
Ralph Angenendt

Default , or file for repos, skipping - 5 is not a valid release or hasnt been released yet"

Rudi Ahlers wrote:
> [root@cacti ~]# yum install apache
> Repository centosplus is listed more than once in the configuration
> Setting up Install Process
> Setting up repositories
> not using ftp, http[s], or file for repos, skipping - 5 is not a valid
> release or hasnt been released yet
> not using ftp, http[s], or file for repos, skipping - 5 is not a valid
> release or hasnt been released yet
> Reading repository metadata in from local files
> Parsing package install arguments
> Nothing to do

> Does anyone know how to fix this?

Please do an "ls -l /etc/yum.repos.d/"

and show us the content of all .repo files in there.

Cheers,

Ralph

Old 06-19-2008, 04:52 PM
Tru Huynh

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 06:30:29PM +0200, Rudi Ahlers wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I've just installed CentOS 5.1 x64, from the 1st CD (minimal
> installation) and then tried to install Apache, but keep on getting this
> error:
not true, you must have at least added rpmforge in the way
since you have:

> Dependency Installed: perl-Crypt-PasswdMD5.noarch 0:1.3-1.2.el5.rf

.rf file -> rpmforge not CentOS

what about showing:
rpm --verify centos-release
and the files in /etc/yum.repos.d

Tru

Old 06-19-2008, 08:16 PM
Tru Huynh

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 07:31:37PM +0200, Rudi Ahlers wrote:
> [root@cacti ~]# rpm --verify centos-release
> S.5....T c /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Base.repo
Not the orignal version. That is the cause of your problem, see below.

> [root@cacti ~]# ls -l /etc/yum.repos.d/
> total 32
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2044 Jun 19 08:57 CentOS-Base.repo
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 622 Nov 23 2007 CentOS-Media.repo
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 684 Mar 8 2007 mirrors-rpmforge
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 428 Mar 8 2007 rpmforge.repo

rpmforge has been added but that should not be an issue.
> [root@cacti ~]# more /etc/yum.repos.d/*
> ::::::::::::::
> /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Base.repo
> ::::::::::::::
> # If the mirrorlist= does not work for you, as a fall back you can try the
> # remarked out baseurl= line instead.
you should READ the comment
you can't have BOTH lines uncommented

> [base]
> name=CentOS-$releasever - Base
> mirrorlist=http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=$releasever&arch=$basearch&repo=os
> baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/os/$basearch/
BOOM! comment either lines mirrorlist or baseurl
for all the repositories listed in this file.

and follow Akemi's advice

cheers,

Tru