Old 06-19-2008, 03:01 PM
Michael

Default New to Centos, and linux in general

I've installed DSL linux -- no problem
My expertise is in the HP3000 (non windows, non unix) environment.

When I boot from Centos CD#1 I get a Panic error..... I'm thinking
hardware is the issue so I try a different machine, same thing.
I've tried 'linux rescue', 'linux mem=256' still the same error, which
is mostly unreadable to me because most all the messages roll off the
top of the screen.

I am willing to buy new hardware, what hardware will just work right out
of the box?

Or are there other boot options?

--
Michael Anderson,