-   -   Forbidden: You don't have permission to access /phpMyAdmin/ on this server. (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/109237-forbidden-you-dont-have-permission-access-phpmyadmin-server.html)

Scott Silva 06-18-2008 07:06 PM

Forbidden: You don't have permission to access /phpMyAdmin/ on this server.

on 6-18-2008 10:32 AM Herta Van den Eynde spake the following:

Environment:
- CentOS 5.1,
- Apache 2.2.3
- php 5.1.6
- phpMyAdmin 2.11.6
- MySQL 5.0.22

Brand new system, brand new installation of all the above products.
All looks well, but when I try to connect to phpMyAdmin, I get an
error: "Forbidden: You don't have permission to access /phpMyAdmin/
on this server".

I'll forgo all the paths I followed trying to get this to work and cut
to the "solution": I renamed the phpMyAdmin directory to pma, copied
all files in the pma directory to a new phpMyAdmin (FWIIW, using 'cp
-pr'), and voil´┐Ż, problem vanished. (I cannot explain why I even
tried that.)

My first idea was that maybe the copy somehow resolved some issue at
the directory level, but when I output an 'ls -laR' of the two
directories to two files, 'diff' shows both files to be identical
(apart from the timestamps on . and .. directories). The pma and
phpMyAdmin directories reside in the same documentroot, have the same
ownership, and the same permissions.

This must be about the weirdest experience in my professional career.
If anyone can shed a light on this, it'd be most welcome. I still
have the original (malfunctioning) directory on the system to bounce
ideas off if anyone has any inspiration (system will go live this
weekend).

Kind regards,

Herta
Just a side note, but "pma" is one of the directories the script kiddies
hammer on my servers regularly. You had better hide it better than that, or
make sure it isn't accessible from the "world".

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and

Scott Silva 06-18-2008 07:55 PM

Forbidden: You don't have permission to access /phpMyAdmin/ on this server.

on 6-18-2008 12:22 PM Milton Calnek spake the following:

what does your /etc/httpd/conf.d/phpmyadmin.conf
look like? By default, it has a Allow 127.0.0.1 in it.

I'm not using it, I just see the attempts. There must be some vulnerability,
at least in older versions, or there wouldn't be a script out there to exploit
it.