Old 06-18-2008, 08:42 AM
Ross Cavanagh

Default mod perl query

fabian dacunha wrote:

Dear All,

I have recently installed centos 5 and working fine

now i have a query with apache

1) does apache gets installed with mod perl with the defult install of
centos 5

cause when i start up apache there is no mention of mod perl

also
httpd -l | egrep mod_perl

prints nothing

if mod perl is not install with installation of Centos how could i install
apache with mod perl support

apprecite your help

regards

fabian

just yum install mod_perl should do the job.

yum search mod_perl

mod_perl.i386 2.0.2-6.3.el5
base
Matched from:

mod_perl
Mod_perl incorporates a Perl interpreter into the Apache web server,
so that the Apache web server can directly execute Perl code.
Mod_perl links the Perl runtime library into the Apache web server and
provides an object-oriented Perl interface for Apache's C language
API. The end result is a quicker CGI script turnaround process, since
no external Perl interpreter has to be started.

Install mod_perl if you're installing the Apache web server and you'd
like for it to directly incorporate a Perl interpreter.

Old 06-18-2008, 08:56 AM
"fabian dacunha"

Dear All,

I have recently installed centos 5 and working fine

now i have a query with apache

1) does apache gets installed with mod perl with the defult install of
centos 5

cause when i start up apache there is no mention of mod perl

also
httpd -l | egrep mod_perl

prints nothing

if mod perl is not install with installation of Centos how could i install
apache with mod perl support

apprecite your help

regards

fabian

believed to be clean.

Old 06-18-2008, 10:35 AM
"fabian dacunha"

> fabian dacunha wrote:
>> Dear All,
>>
>> I have recently installed centos 5 and working fine
>>
>> now i have a query with apache
>>
>> 1) does apache gets installed with mod perl with the defult install of
>> centos 5
>>
>> cause when i start up apache there is no mention of mod perl
>>

>> also
>> httpd -l | egrep mod_perl
>>
>> prints nothing
>>
>> if mod perl is not install with installation of Centos how could i
>> install
>> apache with mod perl support
>>
>> apprecite your help
>>
>> regards
>>
>> fabian
>>
> just yum install mod_perl should do the job.
>
> yum search mod_perl
>
> mod_perl.i386 2.0.2-6.3.el5
> base
> Matched from:
> mod_perl
> Mod_perl incorporates a Perl interpreter into the Apache web server,
> so that the Apache web server can directly execute Perl code.
> Mod_perl links the Perl runtime library into the Apache web server and
> provides an object-oriented Perl interface for Apache's C language
> API. The end result is a quicker CGI script turnaround process, since
> no external Perl interpreter has to be started.
>
> Install mod_perl if you're installing the Apache web server and you'd
> like for it to directly incorporate a Perl interpreter.

Thanks a lot for the imedite reply
apprecite
by the way when i say yum list mod_perl
it says

Installed Packages
mod_perl.i386 2.0.2-6.3.el5 installed

so mod_perl is installed

but how do i know if apache is running with mod_perl

actually i need it since i wanna setup backuppc software

apprecite your help

regards
fabian

> believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.

Old 06-18-2008, 01:04 PM
Johnny Hughes

fabian dacunha wrote:

fabian dacunha wrote:

[...]

if it is installed, then there should be a file called
"/etc/httpd/conf.d/perl.conf".

That will make mod_perl available when apache is restarted after install
of mod_perl

Old 06-18-2008, 02:12 PM
admin

httpd -M will print a list of both static and loaded modules

httpd -l only lists modules compiled into httpd

If mod_perl is installed you should see something like "perl_module" in
the list

Mick

Old 06-19-2008, 08:40 AM
"fabian dacunha"

> httpd -M will print a list of both static and loaded modules
>
> httpd -l only lists modules compiled into httpd
>
> If mod_perl is installed you should see something like "perl_module" in
> the list
>
> Mick
> if it is installed, then there should be a file called
>"/etc/httpd/conf.d/perl.conf".
>
>That will make mod_perl available when apache is restarted after install
>of mod_perl

Thanks Guys

if i run http -M shows me

perl_module (shared)

and also there is a file
/etc/httpd/conf.d/perl.conf

so guess apache is running with mod_perl

thnksss n really apprecite

regards

fabian

> believed to be clean.