Old 06-17-2008, 04:09 PM
Benjamin Smith

Default No php-cgi/cli?

I'm trialing the use of lighttpd/php to improve performance for a web services
cluster. My initial testing on Fedora Core 8 was very positive, but it seems
that CentOS 4 doesn't have a package that installs the /usr/bin/php-cli file
as available in Fedora Core 8?

In FC8, it's found in a package called "php-cli".

Am I just missing something?

-Ben
Only those who reach toward a goal are likely to achieve it.

believed to be clean.

Old 06-17-2008, 04:15 PM
BlackHand

On Tue, 2008-06-17 at 09:09 -0700, Benjamin Smith wrote:

> I'm trialing the use of lighttpd/php to improve performance for a web services
> cluster. My initial testing on Fedora Core 8 was very positive, but it seems
> that CentOS 4 doesn't have a package that installs the /usr/bin/php-cli file
> as available in Fedora Core 8?

php 4 from centos 4 is not builded with fastcgi support (neeeded for the
best config for lighttpd with php)

u can rebuild the php rpm, or better, u can use the php5 version that
come in centos plus. This one is builded with fastcgi support (and php4
is unssuported practically today)

--
Black Hand