Old 06-17-2008, 09:04 AM
Anne Wilson

Default ClamAV help needed

ClamAV is installed on my CentOS box. I edited the conf file and assumed all
is well. Clearly it isn't.

Every day I see in logwatch that my signatures are updated, and the database
notified, but if I try to scan a file manually it tells me that my signatures
are 55 days old.

I tried looking at a how-to, in the hope of identifying the problem, but it is
hopelessly out of date, and I reached the stage where it seemed that
following it any further risked my installation.

Can someone please give me a quick run-down of the things I should check.
Clearly freshclam is running, but that's about all I know for certain.

Thanks

Anne