Old 06-17-2008, 04:16 AM
"Daniel Chen (yongnche)"

Default Commercial Support for CentOS 5 or above

Hi,
*
I saw
there's one "Commercial Support"*in "Support" menu*on CentOS main
page, but*it's blank. Actually I'm looking for the commercial support for
CentOS, is there anyone or organization which is doing this?
Thank
you very much.
*

--
Best
regards,

Old 06-17-2008, 12:06 PM
"Michael Simpson"

On 6/17/08, Daniel Chen (yongnche) <yongnche@cisco.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I saw there's one "Commercial Support" in "Support" menu on CentOS main
> page, but it's blank. Actually I'm looking for the commercial support for
> CentOS, is there anyone or organization which is doing this?
> Thank you very much.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Daniel

CentOS is based on RedHat and is kinda RedHat without the proprietry
stuff and with community support only AFAIK. However, without RedHat
it wouldn't exist.
If you need paid for commercial support can i recommend that you

best wishes

mike

Old 06-17-2008, 01:07 PM
kfx

Michael Simpson wrote:

I saw there's one "Commercial Support" in "Support" menu on CentOS main
page, but it's blank. Actually I'm looking for the commercial support for
CentOS, is there anyone or organization which is doing this?
Thank you very much.

--
Best regards,
Daniel

CentOS is based on RedHat and is kinda RedHat without the proprietry
stuff and with community support only AFAIK. However, without RedHat
it wouldn't exist.
If you need paid for commercial support can i recommend that you
purchase a RedHat subscription.

best wishes

mike

Yes. It would be kinda suicidal for CentOS to go on commercial support.

Old 06-17-2008, 01:11 PM
"lucian@lastdot.org"

On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 12:16:58 +0800
"Daniel Chen (yongnche)" <yongnche@cisco.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I saw there's one "Commercial Support" in "Support" menu on CentOS
> main page, but it's blank. Actually I'm looking for the commercial
> support for CentOS, is there anyone or organization which is doing
> this? Thank you very much.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Daniel

There are of course several organizations/firms of sysadmins or single
sysadmins that can do server management for money. I guess this could
count as an alternative.

Old 06-17-2008, 01:50 PM
"Bill Quinn"

All

Apologies as we are not trying to advertise or SPAM the list.

LinuxIT Europe offers commercial support for most variants of Linux
distributions. We have a number of clients who use CentOS that we
support from business hours to fully managed.

The main reason we come across is choice. We can offer support packages
that are different to the subscriptions and tailored to what the
customer needs.

Best regards,

Bill

> I saw there's one "Commercial Support" in "Support" menu on CentOS
> main page, but it's blank. Actually I'm looking for the commercial
> support for CentOS, is there anyone or organization which is doing
> this? Thank you very much.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Daniel

There are of course several organizations/firms of sysadmins or single
sysadmins that can do server management for money. I guess this could
count as an alternative.

believed to be clean.

Old 06-17-2008, 04:54 PM
MHR

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 6:50 AM, Bill Quinn <bill.quinn@linuxit.com> wrote:
> All
>
> Apologies as we are not trying to advertise or SPAM the list.

Then why did you?

(-: SCNR ;^)

mhr

Old 06-18-2008, 02:45 PM
"Lanny Marcus"

On 6/16/08, Daniel Chen (yongnche) <yongnche@cisco.com> wrote:
> I saw there's one "Commercial Support" in "Support" menu on CentOS main
> page, but it's blank. Actually I'm looking for the commercial support
> for CentOS, is there anyone or organization which is doing this?
> Thank you very much.

Daniel: I see this, on the home page of the CentOS web site:
"Commercial support is offered via a number of vendors." and when I
click on the link, as you wrote, there's nothing there.... If you need
to pay someone to help you with a Server, occasionally, and you cannot
find someone here on this mailing list, I suggest that you look in the
Forums on <http://www.webhostingtalk.com/> probably in the Dedicated
Server Forum or in the Technical & Security Issues Forum, you will see
references to people who are recommended (or not recommended).

You may be in the position where you do not need a Managed Server
(costly and may not include the services you need), and where
occasional help, to Secure the server or install & configure something
is what you need.

Probably you would be in the same position, with RHEL that you are
with CentOS. This mailing list is excellent, but, you may need someone
with the expertise to SSH into your Server and do the job for you.

If you do not need the resources of a Dedicated Server, or a VDS;
Shared Hosting or a Semi Dedicated (Managed) account may be what you
need. Keeping a server that is online updated and secure can be a PITA
and if it is attacked and taken over by someone else, you will have a
much bigger problem. One of my web sites, on Shared Hosting, was
attacked, about 7 years ago, and it's nice to have people who do this
all day, every day, take care of the problems for you. HTH, Lanny