Old 06-17-2008, 01:04 AM
"Bart Schaefer"

Default Recommend an Amazon EC2 AMI for CentOS?

I see one mention in the forums of someone using the CentOS5Web AMI,
but I can't find anything about its provenance.

Old 06-17-2008, 08:57 AM
Ralph Angenendt

Bart Schaefer wrote:
> I see one mention in the forums of someone using the CentOS5Web AMI,
> but I can't find anything about its provenance.

Looks light Rightscale has one:

<http://blog.rightscale.com/2007/10/23/64-bit-centos5-amazon-ec2-image-release/>

No idea if that is what you are looking for.

<http://virtualization.sys-con.com/read/590285.htm> is related and a
quite interesting read.

Cheers,

Ralph

Old 06-17-2008, 04:02 PM
"Dennis McLeod"

I used the RightScale EC2 Instance, and changed it around, and saved it to
my S3 space.
(I put a COD4 Server on it to see if it worked....)
Unfortunately, I didn't save it after I put COD4 on it, so I only have my
base image (nothing special really, you could reproduce it in about 20
minutes...), AND the COD3 files saved to my S3 space, so I don't have to
re-upload that data. I was hoping to make a persistent drive to my s3 space
and then just start and stop the server at will, without having to save the
state each time.
I just ran out of time, moving to a new house, etc....
I was hosting a COD4 server in my garage for a friend, as I had FTTH. I
moved (I really miss the FTTH) and was looking for a solution for him....
Dennis