Old 06-16-2008, 02:04 PM
Samuele Storari

Default Fedora 10 Theme "invinXble"

Hi guys!
After a lot of work I've retailed some time to design my proposal for the F10 theme, it named "invinXble", I think about the will of Fedora to don't quit, get better everytime, and at the difficulties that F had to fought on the "road to success" to become Invincible... or better invinXble.
The version 10 for me will be a great goal for this distribution and my purpose it's to use it in the concept.
U can find some layout at:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F10Themes/InvinXble

Let me know what do u think about that.
Ciao
Samuele

--
Samuele Storari
Art Director

Old 06-16-2008, 02:13 PM
"Marķa Leandro"

+1.
Try to make a collage using the last one, but add some tribals like the first.
As an aditional tip, try to put the fedora logo as an engraving; with no color.

Great job... really really great.
(did you make the katana on blender?)

After a lot of work I've retailed some time to design my proposal for the F10 theme, it named "invinXble", I think about the will of Fedora to don't quit, get better everytime, and at the difficulties that F had to fought on the "road to success" to become Invincible... or better invinXble.

The version 10 for me will be a great goal for this distribution and my purpose it's to use it in the concept.

U can find some layout at:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F10Themes/InvinXble

Let me know what do u think about that.

Ciao

Samuele

--

Samuele Storari

Art Director

Byte-Code srl

mobile: +39 347 50 798 32

office: +39 02 9840047

http://www.byte-code.com

tatica
Maria Gracia Leandro
http://www.tatica.org
http://www.iseit.net
http://www.latinux.org

http://www.fedora-ve.org
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MariaLeandro
LinuxUser= 440285
GPG Public Key: E1CDCC56
"Be yourself... Don't be anyone else"

Old 06-16-2008, 02:13 PM
Nicu Buculei

Samuele Storari wrote:

Hi guys!
After a lot of work I've retailed some time to design my proposal for the F10 theme, it named "invinXble", I think about the will of Fedora to don't quit, get better everytime, and at the difficulties that F had to fought on the "road to success" to become Invincible... or better invinXble.
The version 10 for me will be a great goal for this distribution and my purpose it's to use it in the concept.
U can find some layout at:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F10Themes/InvinXble

Let me know what do u think about that.

Those are some cool looking images!
I think the logo on the blade may be a bit to much...

Those images are made with Blender?

Old 06-16-2008, 02:18 PM
Frank Murphy

On Mon, 2008-06-16 at 16:04 +0200, Samuele Storari wrote:
> Hi guys!
> After a lot of work I've retailed some time to design my proposal for the F10 theme, it named "invinXble", I think about the will of Fedora to don't quit, get better everytime, and at the difficulties that F had to fought on the "road to success" to become Invincible... or better invinXble.
> The version 10 for me will be a great goal for this distribution and my purpose it's to use it in the concept.
> U can find some layout at:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F10Themes/InvinXble
>
> Let me know what do u think about that.
> Ciao
> Samuele

Now that I like
Based on a katana?

Frank

Old 06-16-2008, 02:40 PM
Martin Sourada

On Mon, 2008-06-16 at 16:04 +0200, Samuele Storari wrote:
> Hi guys!
> After a lot of work I've retailed some time to design my proposal for the F10 theme, it named "invinXble", I think about the will of Fedora to don't quit, get better everytime, and at the difficulties that F had to fought on the "road to success" to become Invincible... or better invinXble.
> The version 10 for me will be a great goal for this distribution and my purpose it's to use it in the concept.
> U can find some layout at:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F10Themes/InvinXble
>
> Let me know what do u think about that.
> Ciao
> Samuele

Let me add my comments as well ;-)

I think these pictures you created look awesome, but I cannot help but
feel that they are not good for being used as default background - there
are too much of detail there. While I like the first two as well as the
third one, the third one is best from usability POV.

It would be better to remove the Fedora logo, as we try to not use
Fedora branding in artwork as much as possible to allow easier
derivatives.

As for making the third picture even better - maybe "defocus" the katana
- it draws ones eyes onto it which is not good for a wallpaper. Blurring
and putting it more to the background might be the way to go.

Martin

PS: if you create a higher resolution wide-screen variant of the third
one there is a high probability that it will end up as my wallpaper even
before F-10 ;-)

Old 06-16-2008, 05:38 PM
Ian Weller

After a lot of work I've retailed some time to design my proposal for the F10 theme, it named "invinXble", I think about the will of Fedora to don't quit, get better everytime, and at the difficulties that F had to fought on the "road to success" to become Invincible... or better invinXble.

I'm really liking this! I'll be glad to watch it grow

Not that I'm going to be giving up on the Neon theme any time soon... :P

-- ian

Old 06-16-2008, 06:10 PM
Frank Murphy

On Mon, 2008-06-16 at 16:40 +0200, Martin Sourada wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-06-16 at 16:04 +0200, Samuele Storari wrote:
> > Hi guys!
> > After a lot of work I've retailed some time to design my proposal for the F10 theme, it named "invinXble", I think about the will of Fedora to don't quit, get better everytime, and at the difficulties that F had to fought on the "road to success" to become Invincible... or better invinXble.
> > The version 10 for me will be a great goal for this distribution and my purpose it's to use it in the concept.
> > U can find some layout at:
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F10Themes/InvinXble
> >
> > Let me know what do u think about that.
> > Ciao
> > Samuele
> >
> Let me add my comments as well ;-)
>
> I think these pictures you created look awesome, but I cannot help but
> feel that they are not good for being used as default background - there
> are too much of detail there. While I like the first two as well as the
> third one, the third one is best from usability POV.

I don't know have the first one here, on F9,
aside from the logo I think it's fine.
lost my dual setup with f9

> As for making the third picture even better - maybe "defocus" the katana
> - it draws ones eyes onto it which is not good for a wallpaper. Blurring
> and putting it more to the background might be the way to go.

I find the focus on the katana (though is it a shin-gunto?)
fine, it is centred on(1) will catch the users eye on login.
But will most likely then be covered by whatever consoleapp(s) user is
running. Leaving the soft edges to be viewedunless maximized windows.

I think many non-artistic users, who have not had to endure hours of
art-appreciation. Would maybe like the sharp imagery, and be able to say
"ah, it's a sword with some leaves blowing by"

from my 34 sp days, first q? to ask: Who is the customer?
In the main non-artists, but they still like a good image.

Frank

Old 06-17-2008, 09:30 AM
"Pavel Shevchuk"

I'd like to have 1680x1050 version of first or second wpap

http://scwlab.com