Old 06-16-2008, 01:57 PM
Manuel Enrique Chavez Manzano

Default how to remove some packages with yum from a repo X????

I have installed some packages from a Repo X, lets call it like that, so
now I need to unistall all those packages with yum
is there a way to do that????
how?
--
"Nuestra recompensa se encuentra en el esfuerzo y no en el resultado.
Un esfuerzo total es una victoria completa".

Old 06-16-2008, 03:59 PM
Peter Kjellstrom

On Monday 16 June 2008, Manuel Enrique Chavez Manzano wrote:
> I have installed some packages from a Repo X, lets call it like that, so
> now I need to unistall all those packages with yum
> is there a way to do that????
> how?

First, don't reply to old messages if you intend a new post. Your MUA tried to
be smart and included this in the header:

...so other intelligent threaded MUAs will list your post as a reply to that
old post (and thereby possibly hiding or deleting your post).

Now, an earlier poster already told you how to remove a certain package so
I'll contribute how to find which packages belong to a certain repo. This is
not (AFAIK) trivially done. What you can do is to run "yum list extras" which
will list all packages installed that belongs to _no_ (enabled) repo. Then
run that again with "--disablerepo=NAME" and the difference from those two is
what you want.

That is, something like this works on my machine for listing stuff installed
from rpmforge(all one line of course):

export T=$(mktemp) yum list extras > $T ; yum --disablerepo=rpmforge list
extras | grep -v -f $T ; rm -f $T

/Peter