-   -   exam (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/107611-exam.html)

"Gergely Buday" 06-16-2008 08:54 AM

exam

Dear CentOS users,

is it possible to prepare for a certified (big North American Linux
vendor) engineer exam with a CentOS install ?

I have heard that the test contains questions on specific GUIs, are
they included in the CentOS distribution?

- Gergely

Sergey Podushkin 06-16-2008 09:36 AM

exam

Hi!

Gergely Buday wrote:

is it possible to prepare for a certified (big North American Linux
vendor) engineer exam with a CentOS install ?

If "big North American Linux vendor" is RedHat, than answer will be yes.

I have heard that the test contains questions on specific GUIs, are
they included in the CentOS distribution?
If tests doesn't contain any question like "Please find logo of big
North American Linux vendor on your machine" or something like, than you
can use CentOS and manuals directly from that vendor for learning and
preparing.

Good luck, Sergey.

Michel van Deventer 06-16-2008 11:03 AM

exam

Hi,

> is it possible to prepare for a certified (big North American Linux
> vendor) engineer exam with a CentOS install ?
I assume the Linux vendor you mean is Red Hat, then yes, you can.

> I have heard that the test contains questions on specific GUIs, are
> they included in the CentOS distribution?
I am an RHCA and I did all my preparations for exams with CentOS (except
for the RH423, it uses Red Hat Directory server).
CentOS and Red Hat are more than alike enough for the exams (and the
courses by the way :) ).

Regards,

Michel

Fabian Arrotin 06-16-2008 11:53 AM

exam

Gergely Buday wrote:

Dear CentOS users,

is it possible to prepare for a certified (big North American Linux
vendor) engineer exam with a CentOS install ?

I have heard that the test contains questions on specific GUIs, are
they included in the CentOS distribution?

hmm, the first you sign when you take a RH exam is a NDA .. so i can not
talk about the exam otherwise i'd have to kill you ;-)
Joke aside, using CentOS is more than enough to prepare for the
RHCT/RHCE exam ...

--
-
Fabian Arrotin <fabian.arrotin@arrfab.net>

"Internet network currently down, TCP/IP packets delivered now by UPS/Fedex ..."

Ruslan Sivak 06-16-2008 03:59 PM

exam

Fabian Arrotin wrote:

Gergely Buday wrote:

Dear CentOS users,

is it possible to prepare for a certified (big North American Linux
vendor) engineer exam with a CentOS install ?

I have heard that the test contains questions on specific GUIs, are
they included in the CentOS distribution?

hmm, the first you sign when you take a RH exam is a NDA .. so i can
not talk about the exam otherwise i'd have to kill you ;-)
Joke aside, using CentOS is more than enough to prepare for the
RHCT/RHCE exam ...

Speaking of preparing for the exam, can someone recommend any good
books/other study materials that have proved useful?

Russ

wonderer 06-16-2008 04:08 PM

exam

Hy,

We (a group within my company) prepare with the book from Michael Jang -
RHCE Study Guide (McGrawHill Osbourne). It is very good and have
Test-Exams in it.
My thought is that you could prepare good with CentOS, but you can also
use the original RH-CD/DVD Images (without the Installkey and the RHN
Account it works fine).

cheers
Henrik