-   -   Fwd: RHEL5 network throughput/scalability (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/106053-fwd-rhel5-network-throughput-scalability.html)

"Bent Terp" 06-13-2008 10:40 AM

Fwd: RHEL5 network throughput/scalability

> I have an issue with a new cluster setup where the nodes are RHEL5.1(with
> the latest 5.2 kernel), when i try to write NFS data, the nodes scale

Have you tried the latest bz321111 kernel from Johnny?
<http://people.centos.org/hughesjr/kernel/5/>

I have kind of lost faith in RH kernels as far as NFS performance is
concerned - and yes, I know that the bz321111 issue is supposedly
solved in 5.2 but until we can positively confirm that ourselves I
ain't letting it near our production servers

BR Bent

Walid 06-13-2008 10:48 AM

Fwd: RHEL5 network throughput/scalability

Hi Bent,

Have you tried the latest bz321111 kernel from Johnny?

<http://people.centos.org/hughesjr/kernel/5/>

I have kind of lost faith in RH kernels as far as NFS performance is

concerned - and yes, I know that the bz321111 issue is supposedly

solved in 5.2 but until we can positively confirm that ourselves I

ain't letting it near our production servers
Yes I did, however now that you mention it, when i did first time i had two issues one of performance that* i am* not getting the required* performance in terms of bandwidth, and by applying the standard* RHEL4* kernel network parameters that did fix it, now i am left with that scalability issue

regards

Walid