Old 06-13-2008, 07:09 AM
Balaji

Default cman stop failed

Dear All,

I am using CentOS4 Update 3 Cluster Suite for i386 Architecture and
my linux kernel version is 2.6.9-34.EL
I have configured two node cluster
My nodes are primary and secondary and I am using cluster to monitoring
scripts

During reboot or poweroff i am getting the problem is cman stop failed
and I have verified the "/var/log/messages" log file and i getting the
following

messages
Jun 12 18:34:13 primary cman: Stopping cman:
Jun 12 18:34:16 primary cman: failed to stop cman failed
Jun 12 18:34:16 primary cman:
Jun 12 18:34:16 primary cman:
Jun 12 18:34:16 primary rc: Stopping cman: failed

We are not sure why this is happening. Can some one throw light on this.

Regards
-S.Balaji

Old 06-13-2008, 08:01 AM
GS R

The log info that you have provided is not enough to decide on the
problem that you are facing.
Could you please post the entire log and the cluster.conf file along
with it.

Thanks
GS R

Old 06-13-2008, 10:17 AM
Balaji

Dear All,
I have getting the following messages alone from the log file
Jun 10 18:53:13 corviewsecondary lock_gulmd: Stopping lock_gulmd:
Jun 10 18:53:13 corviewsecondary lock_gulmd: shutdown succeeded
Jun 10 18:53:13 corviewsecondary lock_gulmd: ESC[60G
Jun 10 18:53:13 corviewsecondary lock_gulmd:
Jun 10 18:53:13 corviewsecondary rc: Stopping lock_gulmd: succeeded
Jun 10 18:53:13 corviewsecondary cman: Stopping cman:
Jun 10 18:53:17 corviewsecondary cman: failed to stop cman failed
Jun 10 18:53:17 corviewsecondary cman:
Jun 10 18:53:17 corviewsecondary rc: Stopping cman: failed
Jun 10 18:53:17 corviewsecondary ccsd: Stopping ccsd:
Jun 10 18:53:17 corviewsecondary ccsd[2454]: Stopping ccsd, SIGTERM
received.

Jun 10 18:53:18 corviewsecondary ccsd: shutdown succeeded
Jun 10 18:53:18 corviewsecondary ccsd: ESC[60G
Jun 10 18:53:18 corviewsecondary ccsd:
Jun 10 18:53:18 corviewsecondary rc: Stopping ccsd: succeeded

I have attached my cluster.conf file herewith.

Regards
-S.Balji

Old 06-13-2008, 10:47 AM
GS R

Hi Balaji

Again the log info that you have provided is too little atleast for me
to diagnose.
Would be better if you could attach the /var/log/messages from
corviewprimary and corviewsecondary servers.

Also, just to remind you that GULM uses only /etc/hosts so make sure you
have the entries of both the servers in both the /etc/hosts file.

Thanks
GS R

Old 06-14-2008, 07:25 PM
lingu

HI,

For ur cluster issue do md5sum check of cluster.conf on all the nodes and also use clean_start=1 in cluster.conf and check .

REgards
lingu