Old 06-12-2008, 07:51 AM
"Padmaja R"

Default Reg. setting Domain name on Cento 5 pc

Hi all,

I am running centos 5.1 and I wish to change the domain name and dnsdomainname of my PC. currently the settings are--

$ hostname
sipx.com
$ hostname --fqdn
sipx.com

$ domainname
(none)
$ dnsdomainname
com

I have searched in the net for tips but everywhere only the hostname change is provided. I need to change/set the domain name and the dnsdomain name on my pc to sipx.com and this should be a permanent one across system reboots. Please let me know how to do this.* The domain name settings are required for a networking/ SIP telephony applications that I am running but it is internally in the LAN, so I think the name sipx.com if chosen as my pc's domain name will not cause any conflict with the external domain names in the Internet.

Thank You

Old 06-12-2008, 08:09 AM
"Indunil Jayasooriya"

Pls edit this

/etc/sysconfig/network

--
Thank you
Indunil Jayasooriya

Old 06-12-2008, 08:11 AM
mkn0014

Padmaja R wrote:

Hi all,

I am running centos 5.1 and I wish to change the domain name and
dnsdomainname of my PC. currently the settings are--

$ hostname
sipx.com <http://sipx.com>
$ hostname --fqdn
sipx.com <http://sipx.com>

dnsdomain name on my pc to sipx.com <http://sipx.com> and this should
LAN, so I think the name sipx.com <http://sipx.com> if chosen as my
pc's domain name will not cause any conflict with the external domain
names in the Internet.

Thank You

Edit /etc/sysconfig/network
Restart