-   -   Required for CentOS4.4 ia64 Clustersuite package (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/104517-required-centos4-4-ia64-clustersuite-package.html)

Balaji 06-11-2008 06:59 AM

Required for CentOS4.4 ia64 Clustersuite package

Dear All,
I am new in Itanium server Installation and I have installed all the
CentOS4.4 ia64 CDs
and kernel version is 2.6.9-42.EL and I need the Cluster Suite Package
for the same.

I tried to google-out and i can't find out the Clustersuite package
for CentOS4.4 and

I findout the CentOS4.5 Clustersuite package from CentOS Website
can any one send me path of the Clustersuite package for CentOS4.4 ia64
Please, do the needful.

Regards
-S.Balaji

Scott Silva 06-11-2008 04:42 PM

Required for CentOS4.4 ia64 Clustersuite package

on 6-10-2008 11:59 PM Balaji spake the following:

Dear All,
I am new in Itanium server Installation and I have installed all the
CentOS4.4 ia64 CDs
and kernel version is 2.6.9-42.EL and I need the Cluster Suite Package
for the same.

I tried to google-out and i can't find out the Clustersuite package for
CentOS4.4 and

I findout the CentOS4.5 Clustersuite package from CentOS Website
can any one send me path of the Clustersuite package for CentOS4.4 ia64
Please, do the needful.

Regards
-S.Balaji

I do believe that CentOS only builds the cluster suite for i686 and x86_64.
You might need to get the src rpms and do some work since I believe that IA64
is a very low priority to CentOS. It is like PPC64 in that usually an OS comes
with the hardware purchase, where you can get other processors OS free.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and

John R Pierce 06-11-2008 05:08 PM

Scott Silva wrote:

on 6-10-2008 11:59 PM Balaji spake the following:

Dear All,
I am new in Itanium server Installation and I have installed all the
CentOS4.4 ia64 CDs
and kernel version is 2.6.9-42.EL and I need the Cluster Suite
Package for the same.
I do believe that CentOS only builds the cluster suite for i686 and
x86_64.
You might need to get the src rpms and do some work since I believe
that IA64 is a very low priority to CentOS. It is like PPC64 in that
usually an OS comes with the hardware purchase, where you can get
other processors OS free.

indeed, if you have hardware that expensive, presumably being used in a
cluster for something mission critical, I would think you would want to
stick with paid/supported RHEL + GCS.