Old 06-10-2008, 06:31 PM
Ralph Angenendt

Default Excluded files from repos?

Sam Drinkard wrote:
> Ok.. I'm way behind the 8-ball on setting things up correctly, but after
> going over the protection things in yum, I ran a yum check-update and it
> returned with having 318 files excluded because of protection. Is that
> too high a number? I have the numerical protection set to 1. Is there
> a good tutorial about how to correctly set up the protect base.

I'd go with the priorities plugin.

Everything about Repositories, Protectbase, Priorities and more at:

<http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories/>

Cheers,

Ralph

Old 06-10-2008, 06:32 PM
Ned Slider

Sam Drinkard wrote:

Ok.. I'm way behind the 8-ball on setting things up correctly, but after
going over the protection things in yum, I ran a yum check-update and it
returned with having 318 files excluded because of protection. Is that
too high a number? I have the numerical protection set to 1. Is there
a good tutorial about how to correctly set up the protect base. Sorry
if this is a noobie question.. I've been away from CentOS for some time
and needing to get back into the swing of things.

Thanks..

Sam

I would suggest you look at setting up "priorities" rather than "protect
base":

http://wiki.centos.org/PackageManagement/Yum/Priorities