-   -   vsftp 553 Could not create file (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/103802-vsftp-553-could-not-create-file.html)

lingu 06-10-2008 08:11 AM

vsftp 553 Could not create file

HI,

* I am facing problem in connecting ftp from the windows client.

CENTOS5U1 Running vsftp daemon. From linux client i am able to upload and download. When i do an ftp upload of any files or folders from* windows command line i am getting below error .

vsftp 553 Could not create file

NOTE: SELINUX IS DISABLED AND THERE IS NO FIREWALL RUNNING

See my user permission and ownership details

User i am using is paps

ll -ld /home/paps/

drwxr-xr-x 2 paps dba 4096 Jun 10 23:09 /home/paps/

My vsftp configuration

cat /etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.conf* |grep -v #
anonymous_enable=YES
local_enable=YES
write_enable=YES
local_umask=022
dirmessage_enable=YES

xferlog_enable=YES
connect_from_port_20=YES
xferlog_file=/var/log/vsftpd.log
xferlog_std_format=YES
listen=YES

pam_service_name=vsftpd
userlist_enable=YES
tcp_wrappers=YES

Regards

lingu

Ian Blackwell 06-10-2008 09:03 AM

vsftp 553 Could not create file

lingu 06-10-2008 09:24 AM

vsftp 553 Could not create file

HI ian,

*No its been the new file and directory i am trying to upload.And also i checked with send and put command from linux client it is overwriting properly if the file is already existing on the ftp users directory.I DONT KNOW WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH WINDOWS.For your information there is no firewall or selinux runnig on that ftp server.

Regards
lingu