Old 06-10-2008, 07:31 AM
"Bent Terp"

Default School Server Setup

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 7:20 AM, lingu <hicheerup@gmail.com> wrote:
> install.I recommend u either fedora6 or fedora 8.

6 ?!?! Why in the name of the holy penguin would anybody want to
install FC6 today?

Old 06-10-2008, 08:22 AM
Sergey Podushkin

lingu wrote:
Desktop: Fedora is a good move but check out the stable version and
install.I recommend u either fedora6 or fedora 8.Keep in mind if you

I think it worth to use CentOS on desktops too or, may be it would be
even better, Scientific Linux - it's like CentOS is a rebuild of RHEL.

You got binary compatible packages for all purposes.

I make school-alike server with many features you are requested, but now
it lacks of internationalization, all interface on russian.
It now has DHCP+DNS with dynamic updates, central LDAP authentication
for Samba, Apache, Squid, Sendmail and Dovecot, virus filtering with
ClamAV on Squid and Sendmail (through c-icap and milter), spam
protection with black and greylisting, internet usage accounting and
managing and more.

You can see source on our site:
http://www.abbris.ru/officemaster

May be it's not so pretty code yet, but it written by administrator for
non-it-aware people and those who use it like it.

You can see some screenshots on our site (http://www.abbris.ru), but,
sorry all in russian.

You can help us to make it better and localize it to other languages if
you want.

All code is GPL licensed and will be available on sf.net soon.

With best regards, Sergey.

Old 06-10-2008, 08:54 AM
"gopinath"

Please check the attachment