Old 06-09-2008, 07:55 PM
dnk

Default netboot, vnc and no keyboard/mouse/monitor

hey guys,

I just created a custom netboot cd, that launches and loads from a
http source, but connects to a vnc listening viewer. All in all, not
hard to do, but what is different with this one is that it skips the
media check, has no prompts and allows you to start the install on a
machine that has no keyboard/mouse/monitor. Was handy for me as when i
have some boxes to load, I just plug in power and ethernet in the
corner (or where ever I have room) and go through the install.

I know it also works with a cd as a source (if you use it from cd 1),
and assume it would also work with a DVD (have not tested yet).

If you would like it, I can add to the wiki if anyone would like it.

DNK

Old 06-09-2008, 07:58 PM
Tim Nelson

I know I would certainly be interested in this... please post!!! :-)

Tim Nelson
Systems/Network Support
Rockbochs Inc.
(218)727-4332 x105

Old 06-09-2008, 08:30 PM
Ray Leventhal

Tim Nelson wrote:

I know I would certainly be interested in this... please post!!! :-)

ditto for me

Old 06-09-2008, 08:55 PM
Scott Silva

on 6-9-2008 12:55 PM dnk spake the following:

hey guys,

I just created a custom netboot cd, that launches and loads from a http
source, but connects to a vnc listening viewer. All in all, not hard to
do, but what is different with this one is that it skips the media
check, has no prompts and allows you to start the install on a machine
that has no keyboard/mouse/monitor. Was handy for me as when i have some
boxes to load, I just plug in power and ethernet in the corner (or where
ever I have room) and go through the install.

I know it also works with a cd as a source (if you use it from cd 1),
and assume it would also work with a DVD (have not tested yet).

If you would like it, I can add to the wiki if anyone would like it.

DNK
Please add this, as I never could get the media check skipped on a local CD
install without a kickstart file.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and