Old 06-14-2008, 05:08 PM
"Joseph L. Casale"

Default iptables starting while disabled

>Did you install another firewall front end? Something like Firestarter?

No, but /etc/sysconfig/iptables had previous config so I purged the file. I haven’t rebooted
since to see if its starts again.

I noticed on another machine that had iptables disabled in chkconfig that after setting it to
on, I couldn’t even start it with service iptables start until I issued an iptables -F? I was
just about to start exploring why that is now

jlc