Old 06-09-2008, 12:26 PM
"John"

Default really dumb question about APC UPS

"Jamie Lists" <jamielist@gmail.com> schreef in
bericht news:b77f4b410806080145g52f125cbv608a10ee4488aeb8@ mail.gmail.com...
> We have about 4 servers connected to an APC UPS. The UPS only has one
> UPS connection. So my question is, in a power outage how do i get all
> my servers to safely shutdown? Do i run a USB hub? Do i write a script
> on the one machine connected to turn off all the other machines? I'm
> confused.

If the UPS is not equipted with a network management card, then you can only
connect the UPS to one server.
This does not mean that you can manage only one server! The UPS software let
you run custom scripts on (shutdown) events.

Create ssh key-pair on second server, and create a rs(s)h script to logon
with the just created ssh keys to the second server where it runs a
(shutdown) script. This can also be done for the third fourth and so on. You
of course run different scripts on different events....

John