Old 06-08-2008, 07:32 AM
jarmo

Default swdtp -sv?

Looking with Wireshark I see localhost going through ports sending swdtp -sv >
some port. What causes this action? CentOs 5.1 desktop KDE.

Any ideas?

Jarmo

Old 06-08-2008, 01:38 PM
Johnny Hughes

jarmo wrote:
Looking with Wireshark I see localhost going through ports sending swdtp -sv >
some port. What causes this action? CentOs 5.1 desktop KDE.

Any ideas?

"swdtp -sv" is a NAME for port 10009, so if you are using port names and
not numbers only, then anything that uses port 10009 will use that name.

I don't have anything listening on that port, but you might.

This command should give you more info:

netstat -apn | grep 10009

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes