Old 06-07-2008, 04:30 AM
"Filipe Brandenburger"

Default Zoneminder

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 9:30 PM, Thomas Dukes <tdukes@sc.rr.com> wrote:
> Does any one have current rpms for Zoneminder-1.23.3? I can't get the
> source to compile on 4.6.

FC9 has 1.22.3. It probably shouldn't be hard to extract the specfile,
edit it to use the 1.23.3 sources and try to rebuild it. It might
work.

ftp://fr2.rpmfind.net/linux/fedora/updates/9/SRPMS/zoneminder-1.22.3-14.fc9.src.rpm

HTH,
Filipe

Old 09-22-2010, 12:02 AM
"Joseph L. Casale"

I have a few dvr's that I am contemplating converting to Zoneminder (don't
know any other app) and would prefer to use CentOS over fedora obviously
but the only rpm I see exists for Fedora.

I don't want the hassle of manually compiling this, as we have our own config
mgmt.

Anyone using this rpm (srpm recompiled) in CentOS or know of a solution
that exists?

Thanks!
jlc

Old 09-22-2010, 12:54 AM
Earl Ramirez

You can try the below like.

http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/idpl/6098977/dir/centos_5/com/zoneminder-1.22.3-9.el5.kb.i386.rpm.html

Old 09-22-2010, 01:39 AM
"Thomas Dukes"

I have zoneminder 1.24.4 running under 5.5. The docs/support sucks. There is
one comment you need to add to ./configure to get it to compile. It took me
months to figure it out and find it on the zoneminder website.

The best version was 1.23.3 but the current ffmpeg doesn't work with it.

When I find it again, I'll post it. If you think it may be in my configure
script somewhere, let me know and I'll post it.

Old 09-22-2010, 02:02 AM
Phil Manuel

On 22/09/10 11:39 AM, Thomas Dukes wrote:
> I have zoneminder 1.24.4 running under 5.5. The docs/support sucks. There is
> one comment you need to add to ./configure to get it to compile. It took me
> months to figure it out and find it on the zoneminder website.
>
> The best version was 1.23.3 but the current ffmpeg doesn't work with it.
>
> When I find it again, I'll post it. If you think it may be in my configure
> script somewhere, let me know and I'll post it.

We gave up on zoneminder and moved to motion, easy to build RPM's and
configure.

http://www.lavrsen.dk/twiki/bin/view/Motion/WebHome

Old 09-22-2010, 02:20 AM
R P Herrold

On 22/09/10 11:39 AM, Thomas Dukes wrote:

> I have zoneminder 1.24.4 running under 5.5. The docs/support
> sucks. There is one comment you need to add to ./configure
> to get it to compile. It took me months to figure it out and
> find it on the zoneminder website.

ehh -- The version in RawHide will build and run under C5,
with some tedious gathering and packaging of buildchain work

[herrold@centos-5 zoneminder]$ rpm -q zoneminder
zoneminder-1.24.2-5orc
[herrold@centos-5 zoneminder]$ ls *src.rpm | grep orc | wc
[herrold@centos-5 zoneminder]$

-- Russ herrold

Old 09-22-2010, 04:39 AM
"Joseph L. Casale"

>We gave up on zoneminder and moved to motion, easy to build RPM's and
>configure.
>
>http://www.lavrsen.dk/twiki/bin/view/Motion/WebHome

Looks nice, I'll sub to that list but quick last question: After a read of the docs, I
get the idea it's not designed to output a continuous mpeg for each camera like
a real dvr, is that true?

Thanks!
jlc

Old 09-22-2010, 06:26 AM
Phil Manuel

On 22/09/10 2:39 PM, Joseph L. Casale wrote:
>> We gave up on zoneminder and moved to motion, easy to build RPM's and
>> configure.
>>
>> http://www.lavrsen.dk/twiki/bin/view/Motion/WebHome
> Looks nice, I'll sub to that list but quick last question: After a read of the docs, I
> get the idea it's not designed to output a continuous mpeg for each camera like
> a real dvr, is that true?
>
> Thanks!
> jlc
I admit we do not use it in that manner but it does utilize ffmepg so
mpeg out is possible. I certainly have recorded video when events are
triggered.

Phil.

Old 10-01-2010, 09:49 PM
"Joseph L. Casale"

>ehh -- The version in RawHide will build and run under C5,
>with some tedious gathering and packaging of buildchain work
>
>[herrold@centos-5 zoneminder]$ rpm -q zoneminder
>zoneminder-1.24.2-5orc
>[herrold@centos-5 zoneminder]$ ls *src.rpm | grep orc | wc
>[herrold@centos-5 zoneminder]$

Russ,
Although Motion looks neat, the project looks a bit quite for my taste.
KB's repo doesn't have a recent zm srpm would you care to update your
ftp site or share in the process you used to get the F14 rpm in CentOS?

Thanks!
jlc

Old 10-08-2010, 03:55 PM
R P Herrold

On Fri, 1 Oct 2010, Joseph L. Casale wrote:

>> ehh -- The version in RawHide will build and run under C5,
>> with some tedious gathering and packaging of buildchain work
>>
>> [herrold@centos-5 zoneminder]$ rpm -q zoneminder
>> zoneminder-1.24.2-5orc
>> [herrold@centos-5 zoneminder]$ ls *src.rpm | grep orc | wc
>> [herrold@centos-5 zoneminder]$

> Although Motion looks neat, the project looks a bit quite for my taste.
> KB's repo doesn't have a recent zm srpm would you care to update your
> ftp site or share in the process you used to get the F14 rpm in CentOS?

sure -- I've been meaning to describe a new approach I have
been using to solving such formally, and this is as good a
test to solve as any other. Give me a couple days please.

Joseph -- please contact me privately with a preferred email
address and contact details, and I'll use you as my 'crash
test dummy' / first tester, to do testing of the method's
reproducability behind me, if you are willing

thanks

-- Russ herrold