Old 06-06-2008, 12:58 AM
MHR

Default OT - colors in window change - sometimes....

One of our Windows machines here has this interesting property that I
could not duplicate in Linux (F8, but I'll check it later at home from
C5.1, too).

If I open a DOS window, set the properties to have a white background
with dark blue font, telnet to another machine, and run some commands,
sometimes the commands echo in gray on black (and stay that way). For
example, the default ls (which has the color=tty option set), does
this, but only with what it prints to the screen. The real killer is
vi, which resets the whole screen background back to black with
colored fonts, some of which are really hard to read (like dark blue
on black - egad!). When I log out, the DOS window resets, but only
what it prints, unless I clear the screen, which "fixes" it.

Does anyone know anything about this? Seems really strange (like most
WinDO$ weirdness).

NEVER happens on my Linux box, but it does happen through rdesktop....

Thanks.

mhr