Old 06-05-2008, 11:06 PM
"Isaac Gonzalez"

Default using windows ad accounts for centos 5

Hi I read and used the article http://blog.wazollc.com/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=2
to authenticate my ad accounts when logging on to cent 5…however, once I edit
the nsswitch.conf file, I can’t even log on as root or any local users anymore.
Kinit seems to initialize fine doing a kinit username@MYDOMAIN.COM , however doing a
getent passwd adusername ….it just sits there in the shell and does
nothing. I actually had to put all files back to where they were before the
change to even be able to login locally or use sudo.

*

I followed the steps line by line on this article but get
stuck everytime….anyone has an idea or a better documented way of achieving
what I am trying to do , please let me know.

*

Thanks,

Isaac