Old 06-05-2008, 10:02 PM
"Joseph L. Casale"

Default Web proxy/content filter w/ AD integration

I need to setup a proxy that does transparent auth to AD, does anyone
have experience or suggestions for a setup that will run in CentOS? I came
across an article on integrating Squid with Windows AD for auth but it
doesn't auth transparently (is that even possible?).

Thanks!
jlc

Old 06-06-2008, 02:39 AM
Paul

On Thu, 2008-06-05 at 16:02 -0600, Joseph L. Casale wrote:
> I need to setup a proxy that does transparent auth to AD, does anyone
> have experience or suggestions for a setup that will run in CentOS? I came
> across an article on integrating Squid with Windows AD for auth but it
> doesn't auth transparently (is that even possible?).

I remember seeing something about Dans' Guardian
(http://dansguardian.org/) supporting transparent authentication.

Paul

Old 06-06-2008, 03:00 AM
"Filipe Brandenburger"

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 6:02 PM, Joseph L. Casale
<JCasale@activenetwerx.com> wrote:
> I need to setup a proxy that does transparent auth to AD, does anyone
> have experience or suggestions for a setup that will run in CentOS? I came
> across an article on integrating Squid with Windows AD for auth but it
> doesn't auth transparently (is that even possible?).

Have a look at NTLM for authentication:
http://www.google.ca/search?q=squid+ntlm
http://www.google.ca/search?q=squid+ntlm+howto

I'm almost sure that Squid supports it.

HTH,
Filipe

Old 06-08-2008, 09:32 PM
Fabian Arrotin

Joseph L. Casale wrote:

I need to setup a proxy that does transparent auth to AD, does anyone
have experience or suggestions for a setup that will run in CentOS? I came
across an article on integrating Squid with Windows AD for auth but it
doesn't auth transparently (is that even possible?).

Yes it is and i've configured it several times . You have to use
samba/winbind for that.
It does it transparently in the way that for M$ Internet Explorer it
will never ask a username/password , but it will for everything else.
I've even wrote a 'small-and-quick-and-dirty' tutorial when i deployed
it on CentOS 4.x ... (please note that it has surely to be updated ..
;-) ) : http://www.arrfab.net/?topic=tutorials&id=squid

--
-
Fabian Arrotin <fabian.arrotin@arrfab.net>

"Internet network currently down, TCP/IP packets delivered now by UPS/Fedex ..."

Old 06-09-2008, 01:59 AM
"Filipe Brandenburger"

On Sun, Jun 8, 2008 at 5:32 PM, Fabian Arrotin
<fabian.arrotin@arrfab.net> wrote:
> It does it transparently in the way that for M$ Internet Explorer it will
> never ask a username/password , but it will for everything else.

Actually, you can configure Firefox on Windows to authenticate using
Windows credentials as well:
http://support-stage.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Firefox+asks+for+user+name+and+password+on+interna l+sites

HTH,
Filipe