Old 06-05-2008, 09:12 PM
Jerry Geis

Default kernel compile for i586

I created a i586 install image with qemu.
I downloaded the SRPMS package for the kernel and installed it.
I cd /usr/src/redhat/SPECS
rpmbuild -bp --target i586 kernelXXX.spec
I does a bunch of things but it did not build a new kernel and put it in
/boot

I think I am missing a command to actually BUILD the kernel.
What is it?

Thanks,

Jerry

Old 06-05-2008, 09:14 PM
Ray Van Dolson

On Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 02:12:39PM -0700, Jerry Geis wrote:
> I created a i586 install image with qemu.
> I downloaded the SRPMS package for the kernel and installed it.
> I cd /usr/src/redhat/SPECS
> rpmbuild -bp --target i586 kernelXXX.spec
> I does a bunch of things but it did not build a new kernel and put it in
> /boot
>
> I think I am missing a command to actually BUILD the kernel.
> What is it?

Did you check /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i586 ?

Ray

Old 06-05-2008, 09:15 PM
"nate"

Jerry Geis wrote:
> I created a i586 install image with qemu.
> I downloaded the SRPMS package for the kernel and installed it.
> I cd /usr/src/redhat/SPECS
> rpmbuild -bp --target i586 kernelXXX.spec
> I does a bunch of things but it did not build a new kernel and put it in
> /boot
>
> I think I am missing a command to actually BUILD the kernel.
> What is it?

try rpmbuild -bb instead of -bp

nate

Old 06-05-2008, 09:27 PM
Karanbir Singh

nate wrote:

Jerry Geis wrote:

I created a i586 install image with qemu.
I downloaded the SRPMS package for the kernel and installed it.
I cd /usr/src/redhat/SPECS
rpmbuild -bp --target i586 kernelXXX.spec
I does a bunch of things but it did not build a new kernel and put it in
/boot

I think I am missing a command to actually BUILD the kernel.
What is it?

try rpmbuild -bb instead of -bp

And dont forget the patches to make it build on i586