Old 06-05-2008, 06:56 PM
Jerry Geis

Default isolinux on a pendrive from disk 1

Hi

I just grabbed an 8gig thumb drive, took disk 1 centos 4 i386,
copied the isolinux directory files to my thumbdrive, then ran syslinux
-sf /dev/sdc1

on the device plugged it into my laptop and it does not boot.

Is there a step(s) I am missing to get a bootable thumbdrive with centos?

Thanks,

Jerry

Old 06-05-2008, 07:02 PM
Kirk Bocek

Jerry Geis wrote:

Hi

I just grabbed an 8gig thumb drive, took disk 1 centos 4 i386,
copied the isolinux directory files to my thumbdrive, then ran syslinux
-sf /dev/sdc1

on the device plugged it into my laptop and it does not boot.

Is there a step(s) I am missing to get a bootable thumbdrive with centos?

I think you also need to add a boot sector to the drive. On my 64-bit system:

#dd if=/usr/lib64/syslinux/mbr.bin of=/dev/sdc