Old 06-04-2008, 10:12 PM
Kirk Bocek

Default 5.1 Anaconda Install Error SOLVED

Karanbir Singh wrote:

Kirk Bocek wrote:

I didn't provide the details because it was strange that the
installation failed at the same point regardless of the booting method I
used. It felt like some basic mistake or mis-setting in the OS. But hey,
I've been wrong before.

Anything interesting on vc#1,3,4,5 ? how about run remote syslog and see
if anything interesting gets in there....

After wandering in the dark for two days, I found this posting:

http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=13334

This reminded me that although this is an all SATA system, I also have a PATA
tape drive installed.

The solution in the posting was to temporarily unplug the tape drive. Rather
than pull this host out of the rack for the umpteenth time, I simply added to
the installer's command line:

hda=none hdb=none

For some reason, the tape drive is installed as /dev/hdb. I'm not sure what's
at /dev/hda. If it's the DVD drive and I was installing from physical media,
that might be a problem. However, my PXE-boot install is now flying along.

Kirk Bocek